The European Society of Ophthalmology (SOE) is committed to promoting good health and minimizing risk in all our activities. We understand the seriousness of the Covid-19 outbreak, and we are keeping anyone that may have been affected by this in our thoughts.
We draw your attention to the World Health Organization’s Situation Reports which provide updates on the virus: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports.
General medical advice to colleagues and friends should be followed:
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with water and soap
- When sneezing or coughing, cover mouth and nose with a tissue (not your hands) or sneeze or cough in the crook of your arm; discard tissue immediately into a closed bin and clean your hands
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Avoid direct contact with sick people
- If you have fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early