The deadline for submitting your Letter of Intent for the Global Ophthalmology Awards Program (GOAP), a unique initiative established by Bayer in 2012, is 31 January 2020. We highly encourage you to participate in this exciting opportunity to advance your research and receive a prestigious fellowship/training or research award.
Apply for one of two types of award:
- This 1-year award supports a wide range of clinical and/or basic research projects
- Applicants hold an MD/PhD and are affiliated with a facility that carries out ophthalmology research. Additionally, at the time of application, it is strongly applicants have received their ophthalmic specialist qualification within the past 10 years or are currently in training towards receiving it; PhD applicants should have received their PhD qualification within the past 10 years when they apply
- This is a mentored, 1-year award to facilitate the development of research and clinical expertise
- For applicants who have completed ophthalmology training and wish to work on a research project as part of their training to become a retinal specialist
- Applicants need to demonstrate how they intend to combine their research project and training activities in an integrated manner, and how their training will enhance their skills as a retina specialist in order to improve future patient care
Please do share this information with colleagues who might also be interested in applying to be part of this exciting program.