This winter we have drafted a statute for the SOE YO Committee.
SOE-YO was formed in order to support and strive for a better education for all young ophthalmologists across Europe. With our strengths combined, we YO’s can find a voice and make important contributions to maintain and enhance the standard of our training. However, in the past this has not been always made clear.
The purpose of this statute is to increase the transparency within our organisation, to provide clarity to our identity and our core values, as well as to clearly demonstrate how you, our YO members, could participate and become future committee members.
The statute has been reviewed within our committee and the SOE Educational Committee, and is awaiting official approval from the SOE Board on the day before the Annual Congress.
A draft of the statute can be found on the link:
A FAQ page is also available to answer many of your questions:
One of the most important elements of the statute is the way we form our committee:
- A General Assembly and Election for our SOE-YO Committee will be conducted on a biannual basis at the SOE-meeting.
The first General Assembly and Election will take place on
Sunday 11th of June 12.15 – 13.15 at the SOE-YO Lounge.
- In order to meet the expanding needs associated with the tremendous growth of the SOE YO movement, our Committee will grow from six- to seven-member strong.
- To enhance the profile of our YO National Representatives, they will be bestowed the right to vote and to be nominated in the SOE-YO Committee election.
- Furthermore, all SOE YOs are encouraged to become part of our subcommittees and speak at our General Assembly. So please come along and find out what’s happening!
We look forward to meeting you all in Barcelona!
– Marie-Louise Rasmussen MD PhD is the President-elect for SOE YO 2017-2018. She is also a committee member of the International Council of Ophthalmology Resident Education Committee, and was the Chair of the Nordic Congress of Ophthalmology (NOK) Young Ophthalmologists Committee 2014-2016.