About SOE YO
SOE YO Mission Statement
The SOE Young Ophthalmologists group (SOE YO) aims to serve the collective needs of YOs in Europe who are in training or in their first 5 years of independent practice.
The aims of SOE YO include:
- Ensuring sessions and content relevant to YOs at the SOE Congress, and other meetings involving SOE
- Encouraging networking and formation of collaborative links between YOs from different European countries
- To provide a platform for discussion of ophthalmic professional examinations, in particular, the EBO exam
- Support for collaborative training across Europe, in the form of fellowship reports
- To increase awareness regarding future challenges posed by the unification of Europe, and to provide a platform for discussion
- To promote SOE and encourage participation from the younger generations
- To provide a platform for discussion and a voice for young ophthalmologists on matters that can have an impact on their future careers e.g. new technologies, techniques or European policies.
SOE YO Committee
SOE YO Subcommittee
YO National Representatives
Ahmad Hafez Abdel Fattah